Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three More Blocks

Everything is here, in my basement, so I'm feeling pretty responsible for the slow progress on our quilt. Lori will be here Monday morning, as she'll be on Spring Break. We wish we could get together more often this week, but my family will be here.

FYI: Our daughter is bringing her two children (our grandchildren, obviously!) Monday afternoon. Daddy has to stay home. They will all three spend the night. Mommy and L are going to visit a friend in Illinois on Tuesday through Thursday. And little A and I get to "hang out" for two days and nights together. Yea! I am so excited!

On Thursday, Mommy and L will return here and spend another night. Then they'll all leave Friday for home.

Sooo. All that is to say, I've done one block a day for the past three days. I've cut enough pieces for two more blocks, but it looks like I'll have to hunt for a bit of additional fabric before Monday. Friday might be a nice day for a trip! ;-)

Here is a photo of our 16 blocks and that crazy pillow!
LOL.No, they're not sewn together yet.
You'll be able to see why, later.


5 comments:

Quilters SG and L said...

Three done, Yippee!!! One more this afternoon. That makes 17! The quilt looks great! It will be fun when all the blocks are done and we can play with the design.

Thanks for the delicious tea! You are always so thoughtful! I don't deserve it.

Lori

Quilters SG and L said...

Oh, yes. You Deserve it! ;-) We always have good sessions, don't we? Looking forward to the next time!
---Shady

Anonymous said...

Shady ~ What a beautiful quilt and what a process. I'll just have to have my quilting mom over here, soon, so she can view your postings ~ Deb

Quilters SG and L said...

Hi Deb, I'd be glad to have your mom look at our quilt. We are now finally beginning to work on it again! yes!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Glad to hear it's underway, once again... Deb