Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Midst Gales of Laughter

Last night my husband returned home from a meeting, only to be met by gales of laughter eminating from the basement. Hmmmm....

Background: My friend Lori and I had decided to take a quilting class. Three weeks ago, we attended our first class. We measured, cut and sewed little pieces of fabric; each creating one single 12" quilt block after 4 hours' of instruction. We were on our way to making a Jacob's Ladder* quilt. Only 40 more blocks to go!

Back to the Basement: So, in preparation for tonight's class, we met in my basement last night to sew at least one more block each. Hopefully we have time to make another in class tonight. We'll see.

Back to the gales of laughter...

This is what each block is supposed to look like.


Do you see a discrepancy here? Yes, that is my block...
top right corner. Soon to be a pillow. :-)

And, a Blog is Born! "One Quilt and a Pillow."

I created one more block today. Now we have four good ones!
I still have an hour before class. Maybe I can sew one more?????
Lori and I will take turns posting from here on in.
You can trace our steps in the making of our quilt.


*Do you suppose we could call the quilt Polemonium? :-) by Shady Gardener

4 comments:

Deb said...

Keep on posting pics of the quilt. It looks really nice. Let me know when you are ready to sell your quilts. This is from a fan in Belvidere, IL. :)

Shady Gardener said...

Oh my goodness. I'm really flattered. (I tried to follow your name back to your site, but had no success). ;-)

Deb said...

Hi Shady, This is Deb again. I am Laurie's sister in law. I really do wish you wanted to sell a quilt. Hope the quilt is coming along well. Looks like it would win a blue ribbon. Sure could use it after the winter we've had. Brrr. Take care! Deb

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Deb, Laurie is an excellent quilter! We're really having a fun time with this quilt. We hope to have it done by next November's Ingathering (auction) in Mount Pleasant. :-) If we get this one done and I can get one started (in May) for my new little grandson (will be 1 year old in May), we could "talk!" ;-)